Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 February 2013

RSS Test

Well, this is just a quick post to say there's lots more stuff on the way, eventually. Also, this is a test to see if the RSS feed thing works. I'm trying to get the titles of my posts to pop up under my blog address on my Smashwords page, but either it's fiendishly difficult to do, or else I'm really stupid, or possibly an exciting mixture of the two.

So, I'll see if this new post pops up. Which it probably won't. If anyone can help with this, it would be appreciated by a stupid person.

Incidentally, while I'm here, my new story is now available on Smashwords. Which you'll already know if you came here from there. Ah well, such is life.

3 comments:

  1. Okay --

    Go to your SmashWords profile, click the "Fetch RSS Feed" thingy, and into the RSS field type:

    http://giantsnowcroc.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

    I tested this on my own profile briefly and it does work, but because a couple of your posts are untitled they just show up as blank bullet-points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Rob. Very easy to do now you've told me. But I didn't think it would be such a complicated address thing to type in; how was I supposed to know that! I can't help it if my Computer Studies A-Level is completely out of date [Mice were quite new when I did my a-level (obviously not real mice; that would be silly, and why would we study mice in computer lessons?)).

    Thanks too for all your reviews of my stories. I've noted the date error in TEMPESTS; my wife spotted another glaring mistake that my nineteen careful proofreads completely missed. I'll be fixing it soon.

    Just generally thanks. Hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I just cheat and use the internet. It's good for that sort of thing. I searched for "blogspot RSS feed URL" or something like that, then modified it to fit your blog.

    ReplyDelete